LEAVE YOUR EXCUSES AT THE DOOR!

Saturday 30 January 2010

QUESTION'S & ANSWERS WITH TROJAN'S 2009 MS NABBA BRITAIN OVERALL WINNER...JO SPERRING


When NRG Gymnasium opened in Shirehampton yesterday, 2 of Trojan's sponsored bodybuilder's Jo Sperring and Dan Barry went down to check it out for themselves, we grabbed Jo and sat down with her to find out what her plans are for the 2010 season, and what motivates her to keep coming back year after year! (Jo on the cover of Beef Magazine right)

TN: How long have you been training now?
Jo: 12 years now, training & competing, my first show was a bet I made with a freind, I didn't think anything would come of it, but I definately caught the bug and was hooked from then on in.

TN: What was your first show you competed in?
Jo: I used to train at a local gym called Gym & Tonic, they held their own show so I competed in that, didn't place but loved it!

TN: When did you win your first show?
Jo: I won the NABBA West Britain in 1997 when it was held in Bath, and I've actually won the West for the past 4 years in a row now, and finally won the overall at the NABBA Britain last year.

TN: That must have been a great feeling?
Jo: Yes, when you put your heart and soul into a sport, and I've had 2nd's, 4th's and 5th's before, but to finally win it was the iceing on the cake.




TN: What other show's did you compete in last year?
Jo: The NABBA World Championships in Slovakia where I placed 5th.

TN: So what are your favourite products you are using at the moment?
Jo: I use Muscletech Supplements, Nanovapour, Celltech and Nitrotech mainly, and more recently Trojan's Glutamine to help me recover after workouts.

TN: What is your training split at the moment?
Jo: I train everyday bar Fridays and Saturdays, they are my rest days! One body part per session. I have recently started my prep for this years NABBA Britain and am doing 30 mins of cardio a day, mainly on the treadmill, only 17 weeks to go!

TN: Whats your diet like at the moment?
Jo: It eat 6 meals a day, my main source of protein is chicken at the moment.

TN: Why do you bodybuild, and what keeps you motivated?
Jo: It's more to do with increasing my self esteem, and I hate being told that I cant do something! It's definately a hobbie for me, some people knit, some people drink, I find it very satisfying to be on stage in front of 1000's of people!



TN: What are your goals for 2010?
Jo: My main goal is to win the NABBA Universe, and to do my own calender!

TN: What's your favourite food?
Jo: ICE CREAM! Can't get enough of the stuff!

TN: And the first thing you eat when you get off stage?
Jo: Chocolate, after the NABBA World's last year, myslef and Dan Barry sat up all night eating chocolate, we couldnt believe how much we'd got through the next day!


TN: Final thoughts and thanks?
Jo: I would like to thank Trojan Nutrition for believing in me and having faith in my potential, it takes alot for a company to put their money where their mouth is and actually support a bodybuilder so I'm very thankfull to Mike and Julie!


Jo will be keeping Trojan up to date with her progress for this years NABBA Britain, and we will be posting pictures soon! Have a look at this clip from Jo winning the NABBA Britain 2009!

Remember to sign up and follow our blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment